BFrench Consulting, GmbH is a Germany-based Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), providing Professional Management and Health Care Consulting Solutions to Government Service Organizations.
Full time employee (8 hours per day)
Lakenheath RAF, UK
Posted: Dec 2017
Medical Coder III
Including, but not limited to
? Verifies or assigns codes for the diagnosis, evaluation and management, admissions, surgeries, procedures, materials, medications, supplies, or any other codes required for the completeness and accuracy of professional and institutional (facility) components of Inpatient, External Resource Sharing Agreement (ERSA), Ambulatory Procedure Visit (APV), Observation, Emergency Department (ED), and Outpatient encounters in the medical record
? Verifies the component parts of medical record to ensure completeness and accuracy of diagnosis, operations, and special diagnostic or therapeutic procedures that must conform to industry standards, including the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, and MHS Coding Guidelines.
? Inputs codes into applicable MHS coding systems
? Reviews medical documentation and assign codes for inpatient institutional (facility) and professional services admissions and encounters to identify inconsistencies or discrepancies that may cause inaccurate coding, medico-legal re-percussions or impacts quality patient care. Identifies any problems with legibility, abbreviations, etc., and brings to the provider’s attention
? Monitors ever-changing regulatory and policy requirements affecting coded information
? Develops and submits a written (electronic or hard copy) query IAW AFMS guidelines to the provider to request clarification of provider documentation
? Performs focused audits of specific MTFs, medical specialties, clinics, coders, or providers when directed and IAW AFMS audit procedures
? Performs administrative related tasks associated with medical records final reviews/audits and contacting various departments, services, or medical staff to obtain data needed to complete the records
? Complies with AFMS coding compliance requirements regarding training and reporting of potential violations
? Five (5) years of medical coding experience utilizing knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM), and Procedural Coding System (PCS, HCPCS, CPT, PPS, DRGs, APCs, RBRVS)
? One (1) year of performance in two (2) or more medical, surgical and ancillary specialties within the past 10 years
? A minimum of one of the following is required:
- An associate’s degree in Health Information Management; or
- A university certificate in medical coding; or
- At least 30 semester hours’ university/college credit that includes relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology.
- Successful completion of an AAPC or AHIMA coding certification preparation course for professional services or facility coding that includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, health information management concepts, and pharmacology.
Education in section must be from an accredited educational institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
? Medical Coder III coders are required to possess one of the
following professional services coding certifications AND one of the following institutional (facility) certifications:
- Professional Services Coding: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P).
- Institutional (Facility) Coding: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
? Able to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate effectively with patients, staff, and other personnel
Any interested persons in this position should submit resume, cover letter, and any applicable proof of certification highlighting the above qualifications to Ms. Anna Hug, Business Manager via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in: Jobs
Find out how close you are to this item!